Our mission at Teads is to build a global platform for sustainable advertising. We help the best Publishers in the world to monetize their content and connect Advertisers to over 1.5Bn people every month in a respectful way.
The Teads Infrastructure is a critical component in our mission, facing two key challenges:
- Operate at a global scale with a high traffic and low latency
- Provide a high level of agility and support developments at a very fast pace
As the Director of Engineering, Infrastructure, you establish a vision and lead our efforts on scaling, automating, optimizing, securing and maintaining our worldwide cloud infrastructure.
You will be an active leader in our engineering organization. Our engineering team brings together 150+ talented individuals in 3 main locations (Montpellier, Paris, and Bucharest). You will report to the CTO. You will manage, inspire and grow a team of currently 10 engineers.
- Manage, lead, grow a team of talented engineers
- Ensure resilience and scalability of our platform on AWS and GCP on 3 continents
- Secure our stateful backend infrastructure: Cassandra, Kafka, MySQL/Aurora, S3, Jenkins, Graphite
- Develop services and automation around deployment, monitoring, security, costs, network and performance to help product engineering to build fast and reliable production systems
- Maintain a close relationship with our suppliers to take advantage of new opportunities
- Lead security and compliance efforts
- Manage on-call programs of engineers, including knowledge management and continuous improvement
- Collaboration with our IT department
Skills and Qualifications
- Be a people manager, a highly technical, hands-on coder
- A keen sense of ownership for and experience managing the end-to-end project development cycle
- Advanced knowledge of AWS (GCP as a bonus)
- Infrastructure as code, DevOps and SRE mindset
- Knowledge of distributed systems management
- Knowledge in cybersecurity
- Understanding of computer networks
- Full professional English proficiency (French as a bonus)
- AWS, GCP, Datadog, Akamai
- Docker, Terraform
- Cassandra, Kafka,
- 1.5 Billion unique users per month
- SLA 99.99%
- 350k requests per second of inbound external traffic
- 3M+ requests per second to external systems
- 5M ML predictions per second
- A Petabyte data lake
- 100 Billion+ analytics events a day
We also provide competitive benefits and relocation package to settle down in Montpellier!
Teads, The Global Media Platform, is the single access point for advertisers to connect to the world’s best publishers and reach an audience of over 1.5 billion people every month.
Teads’ made-for-mobile ad experiences deliver the best combination of mass reach and brand safety in the market. Teads’ end-to-end platform provides a sustainable advertising ecosystem that respectfully connects brands to consumers. Teads demand-side, sell-side and creative technology delivers effective and engaging advertising experiences for consumers, guaranteed outcomes for brands, and ultimately powers publishers with better monetization solutions to fund quality journalism.
Teads partners with the leading marketers, agencies and publishers through a team of 800+ people in 26 countries.
We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, and represents employees across a variety of skill sets. We embrace contributions from all ages, sexes, races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations and gender identities.