Teads, The Global Media Platform, has an engineering team that brings together 200+ talented individuals in 3 main locations (Montpellier, Paris, and Bucharest). We are organized in agile and autonomous feature teams and share technical knowledge within several communities of practice.
To innovate, we promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our Platform Engineering Team
A central piece to our engineering department, the Platform team holds every transverse component and central piece of the platform. Whether they are seasoned or brand new, the components owned by Platform Engineering are the ones that are core to our systems and business. Hence the need for a strong and long-term follow-up to ensure that they have the proper level of solidity and evolutivity requested by their very true nature of cornerstone. Owner of our core APIs and true believers of Domain-Driven Design, we are a growing team that aims at finding the right balance between centralization, factorization, and feature teams empowerment without compromising on velocity and capacity to innovate. We transform our systems from the inside by tackling tech debts and integrating robust long-lasting architecture pieces to support our feature apps.
Our main Platform Engineering matters
- Mentoring of a team handling a central piece of our ecosystem while facing attractive challenges to be ready for our next growth step
- Close and continuous collaboration with all feature teams on how to continuously improve our Products
- Working with a brilliant team of technical excellence
- Contributing technically on central components which are critical parts of our overall platform
- Build continuous partnership, learn from your stakeholders to adjust and perfect the team's roadmap and vision
- Take game changing initiatives for the business with performance and high availability constraints
- Drive the security and modularity enhancement of our core systems
What will you do?
- Drive the evolution of our Core APIs, ensure continuous migration from old systems into modern ones
- Position your team and yourself, as the reference people to brainstorm and collaborate with for every topic spawning beyond the scope of one feature team
- Shape the vision for your team, work hand in hand with all other teams of our organization to manage projects and deliver results. You will not only influence technical conversation but will yourself provide hands-on contributions to implementation work
- Drive consensus and convergence for technical initiatives on components placed at the crossroad of several feature teams' stacks while keeping in mind quality and security
- Help your team members to grow and shine. Continuous improvement will be your motto, based on feedback and continuous discussion with your team members and our users. Sounds good, huh?
What will you bring to the team?
Your skills and experiences:
- BS in Software Engineering (or extensive experience equivalent to)
- 6+ years of programming experience with a high-level language
- Proven experience as a technical mentor in the industry
- Ability to manage technical teams, providing regular feedback, mentorship or coaching
- Helping people grow is your fuel, you excel in communication, in short you ARE a people person
- Sound experience with designing, developing and extending large and complex systems
- Pride in ownership, initiative and collaboration
- Effective communicator and great team player
- You embrace change and are enthusiast to learn in order to bring projects to proper completion
- Proficiency in Scala
- Past experience in advertising technology or e-commerce
Why work at Teads?
- Entrepreneurship, we value ownership, initiative, autonomy and pragmatism
- You will work in an organization where humility, respect, and trust are core values
- We embrace a “no blame no mercy” mindset
- You build it, you ship it, you run it
- Knowledge sharing across organizational boundaries through communities of practice (backend development, datastore, web development, data science, data engineering …)
- Get competitive benefits and in-house training
For advertisers and their agencies, Teads offers a single access point to buy the inventory of many of the world’s best publishers. Through exclusive global media partnerships, Teads enables advertisers and agencies to reach 1.9 billion unique monthly users* in brand safe, responsible advertising environments, while improving the effectiveness and efficiency of digital ad transactions.
Teads partners with the leading marketers, agencies and publishers through a team of 1000+ people in 30 countries.