Teads has an engineering team that brings together 200+ talented individuals in 3 main locations (Montpellier, Paris, and Bucharest). We are organized in agile and autonomous feature teams and share technical knowledge within several communities of practice.
We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment to enable all employees to feel valued and respected, which fosters creativity and innovation by allowing constructive collaboration and open exchange of ideas.
Our organization gives the possibility to work remotely part of the time and more flexibility is open to discussion. We also offer relocation packages if you prefer to settle down in one of our engineering offices.
👉 Join a team of passionate people who build quality and responsible advertising, at scale!
Our main Engineering challenges at Teads
- Working in a very high-traffic environment (1.9 billion users per month, 100 billion events per day) with low latency and high availability constraints (2 million requests per second, responses in less than 150 milliseconds).
- Rich and diverse tech stack and system architecture to optimize for performance, scalability, resiliency, and cost efficiency. We use mostly Scala and TypeScript, among others.
- Management of large datasets with milliseconds order of magnitude access time, to compute in a near real-time complex auction resolution algorithm (18 million predictions per second).
- Build efficient and easy-to-use web products used by thousands of users working for the world's most premium publishers, advertisers, and agencies.
- A fast-changing environment where we continuously collaborate with Product teams and constantly adapt our Cloud infrastructure for new features and Products.
- Bring a wide diversity of profiles to the same level of quality and knowledge.
What will you do?
As a Cloud Security Engineer, your mission will be to:
- Provide technical leadership and consultation for infrastructure engineers and developers to ensure the secure deployment of technology
- As part of a team, ensure the adoption of security architecture and engineering initiatives in order to effectively and securely support the organization in meeting specific business technology needs
- Drive consideration of cybersecurity tools and datasets to enhance detective and preventative control sets
- Understand technical security issues and the implications to Teads businesses and be able to communicate them to management
- Understand emerging security technologies and determine the appropriate use within business applications
- Maintain and enforce Teads cybersecurity policies and secure design baselines
- Execute and improve Teads Security architecture review process and ensure compliance for all business initiatives
- Architect global programs that deploy strong security patterns and controls across applications and computing environments, while addressing security, business resiliency, privacy and compliance frameworks
- Identify security vulnerabilities and guide developers and engineers in addressing these issues
- Improve architectural adoption through automation and efficiently use security tools to solve challenges at scale
- Validate reference architectures for security best practices and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risk
- Collaborate with the corporate functions including Finance, HR, Legal and Privacy to ensure that Teads maintains a strong cybersecurity posture
What will you bring to the team?
- Proven hands-on experience securing cloud infrastructure
- Proven hands-on experience securing global multi-cloud architectures from both compute and network infrastructure perspective
- Proven hands-on experience securing operating systems
- Proven hands-on experience with application security topics such as the OWASP top 10 and technical remediations required
- Detailed technical experience supporting and implementing SIEM & logging tools (Splunk, Kibana, Qradar)
- Ability to extract actionable intelligence from large volume aggregated log storage
- Thorough understanding of Network and Compute architectures and, specifically the security aspects
- Thorough understanding of compliance and regulatory frameworks and how they affect architecture designs and reviews
- Good verbal and written communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate within the context of the intended audience, whether that be senior executives or highly technical engineering resources.
- Detailed understanding of the threats faced by advertising and digital platforms organizations
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, Go, Terraform etc.)
Why work at Teads?
At Teads, Product and Engineering work hand in hand and are aligned towards the same goal: to scale our business while continuing to create new and exciting products.
- We value team spirit, pragmatism, listening and we encourage initiatives.
- We promote end-to-end development: “You build it, you run it, you monitor it”.
- We share knowledge and support with each other beyond any organizational boundary.
- We fix issues during a blameless postmortem and learn from it so that it doesn’t happen twice.
- We are working together to create great engineering, but we are also supportive to promote a great work-life balance.
We care about you:
- Security & Savings: Attractive package providing financial peace of mind, including competitive compensation, profit-sharing, daily meal vouchers (Swile), family health insurance (Alan), and a personalized relocation package (if needed).
- Career Development: Continuous investment in our employees' skills: in-house and external training, tech conference opportunities, internal mobility (individual contributor or management career ladder).
- Life Balance: A well-balanced work-life for our employees is one of our top priorities: 35+ days off per year, hybrid work (2-3 days remote work per week, more is open to discussion), fully covered parental leave, and reserved daycare places.
- Wellness: Prioritizing employee well-being through premium work equipment, enjoyable work environment (work-life balance, team building events, summits), remote work subsidy, promoting Diversity & Inclusion with internal & external initiatives (women speaking groups, dedicated school partnerships), dedicated charitable time and sustainability actions (Eco Tree, subsidy for eco-mobility).
Discover more about our culture and benefits on our Engineering website.
What are our recruitment process steps?
We want to get to know you and we try to give you the insight you need to make an informed decision to join us. For that, you can find all the information in our Engineering hiring process article!
Teads operates a leading, cloud-based, omnichannel platform that enables programmatic digital advertising across a global ecosystem of quality digital media.
As an end-to-end solution, Teads’ modular platform allows partners to leverage buy-side, sell-side, creative, data and AI optimization technologies. For advertisers and their agencies, Teads offers a single access point to buy the inventory of many of the world’s best publishers and content providers.
Through exclusive global media partnerships, Teads enables advertisers and agencies to reach billions of unique monthly users in brand safe, responsible advertising environments, while improving the effectiveness and efficiency of digital ad transactions.
Teads partners with the leading marketers, agencies and publishers through a team of 1,200+ people in 50 offices across more than 30 countries.
We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, and represents employees across a variety of skill sets. We embrace contributions from all ages, sexes, races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations and gender identities.